Symptoms of sciatica vary greatly from one person to the next. Symptoms run from sharp pain, tingling pain, weakness or numbness in the back, leg, buttock, hip, knee or heel to muscle spasms.
Sciatic pain can be acute and debilitating or chronic, dull and achy. It can occur under widely different circumstances for different people. The pain may be lined to a particular activity or position or it can simply begin and end without any apparent cause.
Some descriptions of sciatic pain are:
- Pain in the low back and buttocks – which can be severe.
- Muscle spasms may accompany pain – which can be agonizing and debilitating.
- Tingling, weakness and / or numbness in lower limbs (including groin, thighs, knees, backs of legs, calves ankles or feet)
- Intermittent mild pain or sharp, acute pain
- Chronic dull pain that rarely goes away – most common type
- Burning sensation and spasms in thigh
- Pain radiating from buttocks that shoots down legs
- Pain in heel and difficult raising it
- Pain or numbness in outer portion of foot on affected side
In San Diego (and Southern California), Dr. Jeffers provides safe, effective and natural treatment for sciatica.
Sciatic nerve pain can be treated non-surgically and gently with Spinal Decompression in Dr. Jeffers office – in the UTC, La Jolla area of San Diego. Dr. Jeffers can be contacted for a sciatica evaluation and treatment at (858) 452-7770.